***We are no longer accepting applications for the holiday season (November 14 – December 19)***
We are planning on another call for vendors in the new year (after taking a short break!). Please follow us on social media to be notified. Application guidelines can still be referenced below. Thank you for your interest!
We are inviting independent artists and artisans — who channel the auntie spirit! — to submit a vendor application to sell their work through our market.
United Aunties Market is a new initiative that features a curated selection of local art and crafts in Vancouver’s Chinatown. We work with vendors to promote their work on social media and amongst our networks in Chinatown and beyond. Customers buy products from our online store, and pick up their purchases from us (physically distanced) at Sun Wah Centre on 268 Keefer Street.
Learn more about us and the project right here on our website.
We welcome work across a variety of mediums, including but not limited to prints, cards, books, pottery, and jewellery. We ask that each item or bundle has a $20 minimum sale price. This is a curated market, so not all applicants will be invited to participate. We primarily support folks with an active art practice who rely on markets for their livelihoods.
More details about United Aunties that you may find helpful:
- Clare Yow will photograph your products at her studio at BC Artscape Sun Wah.
- Your work (minimum value of $20) will be featured on our online shop, and promoted on social media and among our networks.
- We will handle all payments from customers. They will pick up their purchases from us directly during our business hours.
- If your application is approved, vendors will be asked to sign our consignment agreement. (Submitting an application does not guarantee participation as a vendor.)
- You will deliver your work to Clare’s studio in Chinatown. Alternate arrangements for pickup may be arranged if you have accessibility challenges.
- A 30% commission on all sales will be applied (no extra payment fees apply).
- Sales will be paid out to vendors via e-transfer or cheque.
If you have any questions, please email us at aunties [at] clareyow [dot] com. Thank you for your interest and for being a badass auntie.